June 22, 2016
- Best scores for each level are now saved to a file and automatically loaded when the game is started
- Starting level color hue set to 128 (green)
June 20, 2016
- Added time metric that counts upward by seconds for each stage
- Added best time record keeping for each stage. Currently resets after the game exits or returns to the title screen. Need to write best score data to file. Best score is based on least number of moves, and then time if number of moves are equal.
- Added black shadow around game GUI text
- Copyright text is now slightly transparent
- Added attract demo screen for convention booth demo. Runs after the title screen display. Uses compressed .mov video file, but could be improved by having AI play automatically.
June 13, 2016
- Camera position and rotation is dynamically positioned at the beginning of the level based on the number of rows and columns in the level
- Camera is now pointed to the center position of the level
- The tiles on the level select screen are now centered.
June 11, 2016
- The player can now load their own levels by placing .txt files in the Sokoban format in the IchibanSokoban_Data/maps directory
- Fixed size of box so it correctly fits in the unit square
- Camera had to be zoomed out to support larger levels. Will try to dynamically place the camera based on level size in a future release.
June 9, 2016
- On the level select screen, it now flips between tiles if a box or player tile shares the same position as a goal tile.
June 6, 2016
- Gamepad controls added
- Level select screen improved
June 5, 2016
- Updated level select screen with new icons with kanji instead of text
- Added roof to room
June 2, 2016 (late)
- Each level has a unique color theme
- Camera zooms in on player robot when level is complete
- Title screen and level select screen now transition through various hues
- Added additional spotlight to title screen rotation (would like to prevent spotlight from showing on kanji)
- Increased ambient lighting again
June 2, 2016 (early)
- Goal areas change color from red to blue when activated with a box
Update May 31, 2016
- Added new textures for floor, walls, and crates
- Glow on goal area now pulsates
- Added scrolling background on the level select screen
Update May 30, 2106
- Updated title screen with kanji models
- Added music and sound effects. Enjoy!
- Increased ambient lighting a little since I thought it was a little too dark (but the green lighting effect on the goal looked cool)
- Added credits text file with level author information
Get Ichiban Sokoban
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.